Replace your favourite sandwich filling with a plant-based version!
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- Vegan mayo (homemade recipe coming soon)
- 50g sweetcorn
- 50g red onion
- 50g red pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Sourdough bread
- Strain your chickpeas and place them in a large bowl (you can keep liquid from chickpeas, called aquafaba, for egg substitute or to make plant-based mayo)
- Use a potato masher or fork to mash your chickpeas until they are in an almost paste like consistency. You can leave some chunks if you would like. Alternatively, you can through your chickpeas in a food processor!
- Add your mayo, sweetcorn, onion, red pepper, paprika, salt and pepper to your chickpeas and mix. Continue to mix until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Now simply spread your ‘tuna’ on some fresh sourdough bread and enjoy!